November 4, 2009

M1N - Day 3

Gambling! That's the thing I didn't expect in M1N. The idle gambling to kill the time. We bet low-value items like lasers on how big research results would be or other minor occurrences that happen from time to time while in the fleet chat. M1N also has a privately-administered new fleet forum and it is definitely better than the run-of-the-mill forums available for free via other sites. I still personally like Forumotion a lot for my now non-existent fleet forum needs, but I admit that this is a sweeter setup.

M1N is otherwise what I expected - a sprawling triple fleet (the main fleet, the training fleet, a spin-off fleet) with a lot of members who could be called loose cannons, if that sort of behavior wasn't the M1n credo. In fact, just today there is an outstanding issue with a member of one of the associated M#N fleets who is attacking a whole other fleet and keeping them in the shipyard over a relatively minor issue. I do expect it to be settled soon.

Like the other big fleets I have been in since I started this journal (TBH, DEV), M1N has a large labcoat and a huge private area devoted to the most efficient equipment builds for both battle and research. Lest anyone think that these guys are all full-on chaos and doing craziness all the time, there is (disappointing to some, I would guess) some method to the madness. I am interested to see how organized their war efforts are.

It also appears that like DEV, there is a bit of philanthropy in the works for the future, but this sort of big players giving to the smaller looks as if it's more directed at bringing up the smaller M#N players than to donating to the game at large. This may change soon, and I certainly think that more contests that give things to regular players is a good idea. Especially since it seems these days there are contests about once a week or more often.

2 comments:

  1. I can't help but feel you've abandoned this. Shame.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I pray, you could revisit us soon, Qil.

    ReplyDelete