October 29, 2009

Lovecraftian Interlude

Left DEV today. Changed into my Halloween "costume" of Yog-Sothoth. Then I left the fleet to terrorize all equally for the 31st.

Put on this avatar and sent the mass mail.


Subject     MM: So I was reading the R'lyeh texts
I was reading the text of the manuscripts of R'lyeh and I came across a strange passage. Upon translation, which I performed out loud, I found what seems to be the completion of the Mad Arab's summoning chant. I think I am going to have to listen to the voices from beyond. They keep saying things like, "N'gai, n'gha'ghaa, bugg-shoggog, y'hah: Yog-Sothoth, Yog-Sothoth!"

It might be better if I left the fleet for a while. I keep seeing weird things in the corner of my vision. And there looks like there's an extra dimension in my ship's cockpit...
I also temporarily joined a Halloween fleet for us Old Ones. Here's the fleet page:

[IA] Whispers in Darkness

So, you thought you were safe from the Old Ones?



Life is a hideous thing, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous. Science, already oppressive with its shocking revelations, will perhaps be the ultimate exterminator of our human species -- if separate species we be -- for its reserve of unguessed horrors could never be borne by mortal brains if loosed upon the world.

That is not dead which can eternal lie,
And with strange aeons even death may die.
—Abdul Alhazred, The Necronomicon


Anyway, Happy Halloween! I think I might check out M1N next.

No comments:

Post a Comment